Skating safely on the long ice track with the boarding systems from Sidijk. When it comes to boarding for championships or recreational use, Sidijk offers ice-rink boardings in various shapes and sizes.
The Sidijk Airboarding is an air-filled boarding system that is custom made. The system is inflated and kept under pressure by using fans. The pressure is adjustable and therefore suitable for both recreational use and championships for athletes. The systems are mounted in the radius of the rink and thus seamlessly connect to the ice floor. For ice rinks that use their ice floor in a multifunctional way, the system is easy to dismantle. Airboardings are suitable for both outdoor and indoor rinks. In addition, the (deflated) airboarding takes up minimal space when stored.
The main advantages of an airboarding:
- The airboarding is placed in the radius of the ice rink and thus connects exactly to the ice floor.
- Through PLC control the pressure in the airboarding can be adjusted at any time and (also afterwards) readout.
- Low volume in case of seasonal storage
- Optional: With floor anchoring on a sliding rail you create a movable boarding.
Foamboarding is a system in which the boarding segments are interconnected. Lashing straps are attached at the back to keep the system in the radius. That’s how the so-called ‘bounce back’ is considerably reduced.
The most important advantages of foamboarding:
- In case of impact, the system slides backwards and thus absorbs the greatest shock. Minimal bounce back.
- The distribution and size of foam cubes and air chambers in combination with pressure dividers ensure good air displacement at the moment of impact.
- No electricity is required to operate the system
Safety has top priority
Sidijk’s paddings and boards have been extensively tested in various laboratories and by various top athletes. By using practical and technical knowledge, Sidijk has developed systems that are the best in the world in terms of protection. Not without reason, Sidijk is supplier of several European and World Championships and supplied the ice rink boarding for the Olympic Winter Games in 2022.
Made to measure
Every ice rink is unique, whether it’s about the curves or the location of the ice machine. Sidijk thinks along with you when it comes to a new or already existing system. From design and production to installation. We always deliver a-to-z Sidijk quality.